I used to teach newbies of my company about GitHub.
I show you following points which should be explain when you teach someones about GitHub. I think.
- Difference between Git and GitHub
- Git is version control system.
- GitHub is hosting Git repository service. It is added collaboration to Git repository.
- Commit is save point.
- Branch is divided by save category.
- Branch like a parallel world in SF.
- Branch is just copy from master branch.
- Branch is private changes buffer.
- There is Pull Request (PR)
- PR is public changes buffer.
- PR is review timing
- PR is merging changes request for team members or developer members.
- You must master the GitHub flavored markdown.
- You must understand and master about Remote Work.